Microsoft compatibility telemetry is the service provided to monetize Windows10 data. From these windows, develop team will get the data from the user. this helps the development team to fix the bugs in windows.
Microsoft claims that we collect the data from the user only for the development purposes but some people think that Microsoft is spying on us, for those kinds of people, don’t worry here is an to help you through which you can hide your data without giving it to Microsoft.
Why Microsoft introduced this in Windows 10.
• The information Microsoft Compatibility measurement collects is employed for up your system security.
• To upgrade the performance and safe guard from virus attacks
• To feel user comfortable and handy when user is using the product.
Even though this is helpful to users to get monetized from professional web data team but some people do not like that ,then we can disable it from our computer any where..
Steps to be followed to fix Microsoft compatibility:
There are a number of ways to do that here are the two ways
First method: (using command prompt)
- Step 1: go to start and search for Run
- Step 2: once the run dialogue box pops up
- Step 3: type cmd in the empty white box
- Step 4: now open the command prompt as an administrator
- Step 5: copy the given text below and past it in the command prompt
sc delete Diagtrack sc delete dmwappushservice echo “” >
C:\\ProgramData\\Microsoft\\Diagnosis\\ETLLogs\\AutoLogger\\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl reg add
“HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Policies\\Microsoft\\Windows\\DataCollection” /v AllowTelemetry /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
- step 6: now restart the windows, you are done now no one can see the data in your computer
By using this method, you simply disable compatteltunner.exe. This file is feasible that runs the Windows Compatibility measurement if you disable it you will have extra disc space and privacy
To do this the following steps have to be followed:
- Step 1: go to start and search for run
- Step 2: Type taskschd.msc and then press ok
- Step 3: it will pop up a task scheduler window.
- Step 4: you will find the library and click on it to expand
- Step 5: now we are able to look at a folder called Microsoft, expand it
- Step 6: now you will find windows folder click on it to expand
- Step 7: find Application Experience folder and hit on it.it opens a new window and we allowed to See some tasks
- Step 8: find the task as Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser.
- Step 9: give a right click on it and disable
- Step 10: now restart the computer from now no one can spy on you
To sum up:
Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is a self-working program. This team of Microsoft collects data which helps in bug fixing and upgrade windows.
We can easily disable it from our computer when ever we need and and can have privacy and storage saved.